1 Microwave popcorn
Popcorn is usually on the safer side of snacking, but when it comes to microwave popcorn you will be surprised!
Microwave popcorn is usually not natural, and the butter flavoring used in most microwave popcorn releases diacetyl, a chemical that is known to become toxic when cooked. Last but not least the bags are lined with perfluorooctanoic acid, which is a carcinogen.
Our advice: We said it before ‘popcorn is usually on the safer side of snacking’ so there is no need to stop eating popcorn at all! But avoid the microwave popcorn, instead, switch to the old-fashioned way and use a stove or a popping machine which also tastes much better in our opinion!